Age Management Medicine is a medical specialty that manages the aging process through evidence based medical protocols, with the goal of optimization of health, improvement in quality of life, and lengthening of the “health span”. Age management medicine and anti-aging are not interchangeable.
Physicians practicing age management medicine do not claim to extend life at the cellular level, increasing longevity or stopping the biological clock. With one possible exception, there are no proven measures for achieving those goals although extensive research in this area is ongoing.
Instead, the age-management approach bridges traditional medicine with proactive intervention. Rather than waiting for disease to appear and treat it, age management medicine uses in-depth diagnostics to target risk categories and prevent or delay age-related disease. What that means to a patient is a dynamic shift on all levels, from the inside out.
- Feeling fitter
- More physical energy
- More sexual energy & performance
- Better body condition
- Lower body fat percentage
- Increased muscle tone & strength
- Improved exercise performance & aerobic capacity
- Reduced inflammation, a link to chronic diseases
- Stronger bones
- Stronger immune system
- Sharper thinking
- Heighten sense of well-being & no mood swings
- Better sleep
- Improved skin quality & elasticity
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased work productivity
In general, we can achieve a vastly improved health status and quality of life with the age management medicine approach.