The following gives you an overview of what is included in our Executive Health Evaluation (EHE):
- A comprehensive battery of blood tests which will include key hormone levels and other biomarkers of aging will be obtained at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled EHE.For your convenience a licensed phlebotomist will be available to draw blood at either your home or office.
- Bone Densitometry—A DEXA Scan that provides valuable information regarding your bone density and body composition (% body fat and lean mass) will be obtained prior to your arrival for the EHE. This can be scheduled either on the morning of the EHE or any day prior to the EHE. A DEXA scan provides a very accurate and reproducible measurement compared to impedance scale measurement, which can produce great variation in results during the course of the day, depending on the amount of water in our body at that specific time.
- Your EHE will occur at IHL when you arrive for your scheduled appointment and will include the following:
- Baseline cardiopulmonary fitness testing using the Medgraphics UltimaTM CardiO2 system. You will be required to walk on a treadmill for this test. Training at the proper intensity (heart rate) is essential to losing weight, improving fitness and maximizing your performance. Measurement of your VO2max during this test will determine your target exercise intensity
- Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) measurement the Medgraphics UltimaTM CardiO2 system. This test will determine your daily caloric needs and will help to establish an appropriate nutritional plan.
- Evaluation of physical strength, fitness, flexibility, posture, and balance by an exercise physiologist. Photo-documentation of your posture and balance will be obtained at this time
- Neurocognitive testing: A very important set of tests that measure the speed and accuracy of nine basic mental functions: composite memory, verbal memory, visual memory, processing speed, executive function, psychomotor speed, reaction time, complex attention and cognitive flexibility. These mental functions are indicators of the health and integrity of the brain’s higher functions.
- Comprehensive evaluation and recommendations by our nutritionist.
- Up to 2-hour evaluation, review, and recommendations (one-on-one)with the physician
A comprehensive plan of care will be discussed with you and will include a detailed exercise plan and your nutrition plan. Your nutraceutical supplements will be provided with appropriate instructions for daily intake. Your hormone replacement therapy will be ordered but training for administration will be provided at your visit.
You should now be ready to enjoy a new phase of your life and to take the first steps towards your age management goals.